Location: Baoding, Heibei Province, China (Near Beijing)
Full expatriate contract 3 years
Almost free house
28 days vacation
4 airfares a year to US
Translator, Cell phone
Contact: Arun Nikore
ARPS International LLC
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Email : email@example.com
Major Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the department/division management of motor system (E-drive) group, including technical development and manufacturing.
This motor system product will be delivered and integrated into the EV, HEV/PHEV for Company and other OEM's.
The leadership responsibilities also include bench-marking advanced technology in 5 to 10 years to ensure the products of the Company have sufficient value in the mass production stage after 3 to 4 year development and promoting the project as soon as possible accordance with the above principles.
Once the vehicle program is established and approved, the responsibilities will include the product design & development, manufacturing coordination and development, product testing and verification and etc.
As division leader, you will also be responsible for reviewing and monitoring the projects progress and development for milestones, solving technical and business problems, educating team members and building the team organization for all functionalities.
1. Collect the cutting edge advanced technology info by bench-marking the top five OEM and Tier one companies, and determine the future product development direction for E-drive system, and ensure the future product to be the world class level after a periods of service time.
2. Provide product development direction and guidance for whole team to improve the capacity of the product design, advanced motor system technology research, experimental verification and validation, performance rating and evaluation, and quality assurance, etc.
3. Conduct the product (motor, inverter, and other components) manufacturing assembly activities, and apply the cutting edge new manufacturing technologies for future production.
4. Provide technology, management and business training to the team staff.
5. Participate in the determination and selection of major suppliers, examine and evaluate the supplier’s qualification and technical solutions.
6. Determine product development and research plan and milestone for both short term and long term based on current team conditions and the identification of future technology trends and developments.
7. Conduct the team and organization building for all required group functionality.
8. Direct all of group development activities, such as design of electrical machinery, inverter hardware, motor control software, High Voltage power electronics, advanced control algorithm and simulation, PV & DV testing, Dyno & lab experiment equipment, motor control system integration, FMEA & quality, etc.
9. Conduct the business management for the coordination with internal CLIENT organization, CLIENT top leadership team, external OEM's and suppliers.
10. Responsible for the business budget control, major business decision making.
· Senior chief engineering leader or Director experience with Motor/E-drive system development and manufacturing.
· More than 10 years of leadership experience is preferred.
· BS in Electrical Engineering